Let’s face it we all have a sweet tooth, but how about trying something savoury, yet yummy and healthy? I know it is very tough especially when the sun goes down and the evening cravings creep upon us, but try just once these clean almond crackers and see ( I mean taste) for yourself.
One of my favourite savoury snacks are clean almond crackers.These little “nutters” are protein bombs and they simple go with everything. Another bonus is you can make them all plant based which for me is important. I like to dip them in almond or peanut butter, serve them with cherry tomatoes and avocado or my little one likes them with a tiny bit of cottage cheese or eat just like that. Low carb snack perfect in the evening. What do you say? Thumbs up?
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds or flax seeds mixed with 1/4 cup of water or 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put almonds in your food processor and pulse a few times until you get flour consistency.
- Add in the chia, flax or normal egg, olive oil and salt and mix well. In between two pieces of baking paper roll out dough until thin.
- Score with a pizza cutter or knife into squares.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 20 min or until brown. Once baked break up into pieces and enjoy!!
Don’t forget to check out my low carb biscuits and let me know what do you think of them either on my Facebook or in the big clean eating group.