My clean eating granola recipes are one of the most visited and liked posts, so I thought let’s make another one, and clean chocolate granola was born.
It is so simple and nice, that I am sure this will shortly become your staple granola recipe. Use this recipe as a guideline for a basic granola and then “spice” it up by adding coconut flakes, your favourite nuts, dried fruit or even some nut butter.
Talking about top granola recipes have you tried my crunchy peanut granola? If you have ever made any clean eating granola before then start with simple and clean granola. If you have jumped on the current “pumpkin everything” band wagon you gotta try my pumpkin granola.
Can you see I am a bit obsessed with granola? I even added a bit of this clean chocolate granola on my porridge the other day and it was an unforgettable breakfast….I can’t stress enough how much better is your own homemade granola, loaded with fiber, protein and calcium over the shop-bought kind. That is without even mentioning the smell of your house while the granola is in the oven…
Chocolate granola recipe
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup date syrup or any of your favourite sweetener
- optional: nuts, coconut flakes or dried fruit (I used 1/3 cup peanuts)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix cocoa powder, melted coconut oil and date syrup together.
- Next add in slowly the oats and stir until all the oats are covered and moist. Add in any extras.
- Spread evenly on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally
- Remove from oven and let it sit for a minimum of 20 min for the granola to become crunchy.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week (that is if it lasts that long)