The weather in the UK has been so humid lately, but unfortunately (or fortunately, you decide) it hasn’t stopped me eating stuff. By stuff, I mean this gorgeous blueberry banana bread recipe.
I love the combination of banana and blueberry… it’s a mix of sweet and sour which just works so well. This clean eating blueberry banana recipe is also gluten-free and can be made vegan too if you simply replace the eggs with chia or flaxseed eggs. Also, if you can’t get blueberries, go for strawberries or raspberries, just remember to stick to the measurements.
I made this lovely treat to take to BBC ESSEX Radio. I know! I was on the radio! They invited me in to read the papers (I never read anything unless it’s a cooking magazine), but also to bring some goodies in as they always struggle with breakfast ideas. I loved it as it was so much fun. Sadie, who is the morning presenter, and I got on like house on fire and they all loved the treats. I brought them this blueberry banana bread, my oatmeal cookies and breakfast pizza.
Here’s the clean eating blueberry banana bread recipe
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 super ripe bananas (those with black spots), mashed
- 1 punnet blueberries (125g)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees, line your loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed banana, coconut oil, whisked eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the ground almonds, baking powder and blueberries.
- Mix both bowls together and pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Pop in the oven and bake for an hour or until brown and firm on top.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts