I can never get bored of granola…ever! But my family can and they love the shop bought cereals, so I took on the challenge of creating my own cereals. Please welcome the latest addition to my blog clean eating cereal recipe aka ‘Clusters’. Simple, delicious , filling and full of good stuff. I bet you have all the ingredients in your cupboards right now, so let’s get making!
Before we proceed to the recipe for clean eating clusters let me remind you of all the delicious granola recipes that I have already on my blog. My all-time favourite is…….crunchy peanut butter granola. I love it as a snack or served in a jar as a breakfast parfait. Clean chocolate granola is one of the most budget friendly recipes on my blog. It needs only 4 ingredients. Let’s not forget the basic simple granola made with nuts, oats, a bit of maple syrup and raisins. Gingerbread granola is a firm favourite in the winter and around Christmas, but to be honest it is perfect anytime and makes your house smell amazing. Last but definitely not least is pumpkin and pecan granola. Those of you who hate bananas, this one is for you! Let me know if you have made any of my granola and which one is your favourite.
Ready to make it? Just think how much goodness is in those crunchy clusters and how good they are for you. Let’s not forget to mention you will get more for your money by making a batch of these clean eating cereals than buying a box of cereal. Just make it and store it in an airtight container for up to a week…no way it will last that long!
Here’s the clean eating cereal recipe
- 2.5 cups oat flour (oats blended in food processor)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper
- Next mix together oat flour, desiccated coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- In a pan gently heat up maple syrup with coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add in the milk and pour in the bowl with dry ingredients
- Combine well together and spread on the prepared baking tray
- Press down hard to ensure the mixture sticks together. Use a spatula or the back of a wooden spoon
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 min.
- Once baked, leave in the oven with the oven door ajar for another 15 minutes
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts