Today ‘s recipe is back to keeping it simple and budget friendly. This clean eating chocolate oaty squares recipe literally calls for 5 ingredients and I am pretty sure you have all of them in your cupboard! Go and look and come back and let’s get making and baking.
I have a couple of things to update you on before we get to the clean eating chocolate oaty squares recipe. I am no longer part of Helo Health. I have had a lot of personal changes in my life lately, so I have decided to take a step back for a bit and re-evaluate everything going on in my life. Louise is going to be fully in charge and I will be supporting her behind the scenes. The challenge is amazing and if you need to kick your bum before the summer season starts, now’s the time to join in!
The second thing is my blog and Facebook page… I am keeping Hedi Hearts as it is, nothing is changing. I will still be sharing regular recipes, tricks and tips on keeping them budget friendly and tasting and testing new products for you. I love making recipes for you, I love walking around supermarkets looking for the best bargains, but most of all I love talking and interacting with you. I know this may sound sad and cheesy but I do feel like I am talking to friends and I really enjoy having a lovely community around me.
Ok, back to this clean eating chocolate oaty squares recipe which is a kind of updated version of my healthy breakfast bar. I only added some cacao (you can use cocoa powder too, just add a bit more) a touch of sweetener and almond milk. That’s it, 5 simple ingredients which create something very simple, yet chocolatey and delicious!
Here’s the clean eating chocolate oaty squares recipe
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 cups oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao (or more if you like a stronger chocolate flavour)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or any favourite sweetener
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or other favourite milk.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease your baking dish with coconut oil or line with baking paper.
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and pop in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt or slices of fresh fruit.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week