I have been making my clean eating flourless brownie recipe for almost 3 years, but it only occurred to me this week that I haven’t actually posted the recipe on my website to share it with you lovely lot. So here I am and sorry for the 3 years’ delay 🙂
There are so many great flourless brownie recipes out there, but you know me, I like to make my own version. My fuss-free version is loved by my kids, partner and friends. Be warned – these brownies are made with courgette! I know, I know, I hear you, but I promise that you won’t even taste them. What you will taste is chocolate, the lovely almost gooey texture and you are also ticking off one of your five a day, because courgette is a vegetable. I mean this is a perfect example where you can have your cake and eat it and get veggies in too! Ha!
Btw, I need to tell you something, I am working on something very exciting, something you will hopefully love and use a lot. Something that will inspire you to get healthier while being creative in the kitchen, even if your budget is tight. Keep an eye on my Facebook page next week.
Back to my clean eating flourless brownie recipe which I believe can satisfy any sweet cravings, while also being better for your body at the same time. The raw cacao I used in this recipe has potassium, magnesium, copper and iron plus, it helps to boost the antioxidants in the body, especially flavonoids which are known to improve heart health. This is just an example why these are better than any shop bought version, however, remember that although the nutrient content may be impressive, you still can’t eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Stick to a slice maybe twice a week and the rest goes right into your freezer. I also used 1 small raw chocolate bar to make it extra rich and sweeten it up. If you don’t have one use dark chocolate, but watch the sugar content.
Here’s the clean eating flourless brownie recipe:
- 2 medium courgettes (approx 300g), peeled and grated
- 2 chia eggs (2tbsp chia seeds mixed with 6tbsp water)
- 2 cups ground almonds
- ⅓ cup raw cacao
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup white yoghurt, I used Tesco Free From Soya
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 small Ombar raw chocolate bar, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan, and line your baking dish with baking paper.
- Tip the grated courgette in a sieve and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ground almonds, cacao, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- In another bowl, mix together yoghurt, coconut oil and chia eggs.
- Mix both bowls together and stir until well combined.
- Tip in the grated courgette and raw chocolate if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for about 60 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into slices (this is very important step)
If you do make this recipe, come and share it on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts