A clean eating parfait can be a healthy and filling breakfast or an afternoon snack. No matter when you eat it, you will love it!
The traditional parfait is basically layers of ice cream, and/or flavoured jelly in a tall, clear glass, with whipped cream, fresh or canned fruit and liqueurs as toppings. My clean eating parfait is slightly different and healthier. This doesn’t mean it’s not as tasty, indulgent, filling, luxurious… It’s all that and more without the guilty feelings afterwards! Ten minutes is all you need to whip up this delicious treat and it can be made ahead in a portable bowl or jar, making it the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack.
You can make the parfait as nice as you want to. I use soya yoghurt, but you can opt out for pillow-like layers of Greek yoghurt or lush coconut yoghurt. No cherries around? Go for strawberries, blueberries or mango with a sprinkle of desiccated coconut if you fancy going a bit more tropical and summery. In this clean eating parfait recipe, I have used puffed quinoa, but you could replace it with a nice crunchy granola to add even more texture and make it a truly filling meal. Just remember to serve your parfaits immediately to keep the granola crunchy
- 500ml tub soya , coconut or Greek yoghurt
- 2 handfuls cherries, pitted
- ½ cup puffed quinoa or puffed brown rice
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- Crushed cacao nibs or cacao powder
- Scoop half of the yoghurt into a blender, combine with one handful of cherries and blitz together. You can do this for as long as you like, depending on if you like your yoghurt smooth or ‘with bits’.
- Place the cherry yoghurt layer at the bottom of your glasses or bowls.
- Add the other half of the whole cherries on top, and then add a layer of puffed quinoa or puffed brown rice.
- Take the kiwi slices and place them around the edge of the glasses or bowls.
- Finish the final layer with the rest of the plain yoghurt, and delicately sprinkle crushed cacao nibs or cacao powder on top.
- If you have a major sweet tooth, add a little maple syrup to the plain yoghurt.
- Enjoy immediately as storing it overnight in the fridge will probably make the puffs go soggy!
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts