This post is sponsored by the amazing Bamix! I got this beautiful red gadget recently and was so in love with it, I had to put it to use immediately… and what better way than with this lush clean eating raw chocolate pistachio cake recipe.
This clean eating raw chocolate pistachio cake recipe is perfect for the fast approaching summer. It is light, full of flavour, has a great texture and it only takes a handful of ingredients. Pistachios are by far my favourite nuts, apart from the peeling bit. It’s only recently I discovered that you can buy pistachios already peeled! They are slightly more expensive but it saves a lot of time and broken nails!
For this recipe, I have used the Bamix® Superbox – the complete kitchen robot. It comes complete with multi-purpose blade, whisk, beater, meat mincer, processor, 1000 ml jug, SwissLine stand and SliceSy®. Honestly, it is fantastic and made with top-quality rust-free materials which are odourless, tasteless and food-safe.
This recipe calls only for few ingredients. The chocolate layer is made by my trustee avocado mousse, but this time I added a ripe banana to make it more sweet and creamy. You can omit it if you prefer, but it won’t be the same. The base is made from dates, Medjool dates work best but they are not cheap, so if your budget is tight, go for any other ones (just watch out for added ingredients). If they are very dry, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes, drain and then use.
Here’s the clean eating chocolate pistachio cake recipe
- 1 cup dates (Medjool are best, but you can use any)
- 1 cup pistachios
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate layer:
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp cacao
- Pinch of coconut sugar or drizzle of date nectar (optional)
- Crushed pistachios
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- Desiccated coconut
- Line your cake tin with cling film or use a silicone cake mould.
- Blend all base ingredients together in the Bamix food processor together until crumbly and very sticky.
- Scoop out the mixture into your cake mould, press down firmly with your hands and then place in the freezer.
- Use the Bamix hand held whisk to blend together the chocolate layer ingredients until creamy.
- Now it's time to assemble the cake:
- Take out the base out of the freezer and pour the chocolate mousse on top. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios, freeze-dried strawberries and desiccated coconut.
- Pop into the fridge to set for a couple of hours before devouring.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts