Is it bad to mention Christmas in November?! Well tough if it is because today I am sharing my snowball recipe, which is just perfect for the upcoming festive season.If you’re like me don’t like to spend too much time in the kitchen then this clean eating snowball recipe is for you. It’s healthy, it’s festive-ish, and best of all, it’s super simple and quick. They are almost better than mine carrot protein balls…almost!These delicious treats are made with just 5 basic ingredients… cashew butter, ground almonds, oats, desiccated coconut and date nectar. Bish bash bosh! If you don’t have date nectar then use maple syrup or whatever liquid sweetener you find in your cupboards.These not only taste amazing but are full of nutrients and healthy fats. I used traditional porridge oats, but if you are after a gluten-free recipe, opt out for the gluten-free version. Make sure you run them through a blender until you have a flour-like consistency, otherwise the snowballs won’t have the perfect texture once set.
Here’s the clean eating snowballs recipe
- 1 cup cashew nut butter ( I used Tesco)
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ½ cup coconut nectar (I used Coconut Merchant)
- 1 cup oat flour (oats processed in a food processor until flour consistency) (I used Mornflake)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut + extra for coating
- Pop all the ingredient in your blender or food processor and pulse until all is well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and dip each one in desiccated coconut until it is fully covered.
- Pop in the fridge to chill for an hour
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week