Happy Sunday and Happy Mothers Day to all of you lovely mums! I am currently still in bed after my breakfast in bed and presents ceremony and writing this gorgeous clean eating fruit loaf recipe up for you.
I very rarely get a lie in, because I am such a morning person. In fact, I get up almost every day between 4am and 5am! I know it’s crazy, but I’m used to it. Once I am awake I find it difficult to fall asleep again with my mind already racing and anticipating the day ahead.
So yesterday morning I got up at 4.30am, made myself a lovely porridge and then created this clean eating fruit loaf or you can call it a bread, and boy it turned out amazing!!! I decided to serve it with a bit of strawberry jam/sauce, but you can have it on its own or spread with a little coconut yogurt. A lovely lady messaged me the other day asking if I could create a recipe without bananas and coconut oil as she doesn’t like either of them, so here it is. Refined sugar free, no dairy, no coconut oil (in fact no oil at all), no bananas and no eggs!
Clean eating fruit loaf recipe
Instead of eggs I used chia egg, which you make with 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 3 tbsps of water. Mix together and let it sit for 10 min to thicken. Chia seeds add extra fibre, omega-3s and protein, so they’re perfect! In this recipe I used coconut sugar as a sweetener. This is my preferred sugar substitute because of it’s low GI of 35, amino acids and electrolytes. Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour (just oats processed into flour in a food processor)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped dates (just normal ones, don't use Medjool)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (I used Coconom Turmeric and Tamarind)
- 3/4 cup mixed crushed nuts (I used almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts)
- 3/4 cup mixed seeds (I used sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flax-seeds)
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsps of water, mix and let sit for 10 min)
- 1 cup non dairy milk (I used Macadamia Provamel milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease your loaf tin.
- Place the dates, apricots, sultanas and coconut sugar in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Get another bowl and mix the buckwheat flour, oat flour and baking powder. Add all spices, seeds and mix.
- Once the chia egg is set add it into the fruit bowl along with milk, then add the flour mixture and stir together until well combined.
- Spoon the dough into a prepared tin, pop in the oven and bake for around 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy and let me know if you like it! If you wondering about the strawberry jam/sauce all you need is a few chopped strawberries with a few dates and a splash of water and let it simmer in a pot for 10 min.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
Much love, Hedi