I was in my local shop the other day and my little Sofia was, as usual, browsing the ice cream section and then it happened!! I spotted the peanut butter cornetto OMG!!!!!!!!! Have you seen it? I have to admit it looks amazing. Immediately I thought I must make my own one, so as soon as I got home I started creating. First of all however I posted a photo of the cornetto on my Facebook page and asked you whether you were interested and of course you were!
This clean peanut butter banana ice lollies are so simple that you will wonder why you hadn’t tried them before. I am sure you have heard of banana ice cream, but what if you elevate it and add peanut butter, cover it with chocolate and then dip it in crushed almonds? This, my friends, is something extra special and extra indulgent. One lolly will kill all your cravings with no guilty feelings after……guaranteed! These ice lollies are hard ones, so if you want to make them a bit smoother add 1/2 cup of your favourite white yogurt and a bit of brown rice syrup or any other sweetener.
Somebody asked me what pops do I use. I have tried quite a few from the very cheap ones to some more expensive ones, but I always come back to Zoku Classic Pop Mold.They look great, are easy to use and wash, and they have never failed me. The lollies pop out easily and hold their shape perfectly. One more thing before we get to the recipe, please make sure you have very ripe brown speckled bananas to ensure a gorgeous sweet flavour. If they are not ripe enough add brown rice syrup or any other sweetener. As for the raw chocolate my favourite is Conscious Organic Raw Chocolate, Ombar Superfood Dark Chocolate or Raw Health Organic Dark Chocolate
- 3 bananas
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (make sure you use one with no added sugar or oil)
- 1/4 cup Provamel coconut and rice milk + extra splash for melting the raw chocolate
- Raw chocolate
- Crushed almonds
- Using your blender, blend the bananas and peanut butter together. You will now have a thick texture so add milk and combine again.
- Pour mixture into the ice lolly moulds and allow them to freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen melt chocolate with milk in a bowl, over boiling water
- Now you will have to work fast. Spread the melted chocolate over the ice lollies and put the crushed almonds around before the chocolate sets.
- Pop back in the freezer for 5 mins to fully set. Before serving let it thaw for a bit, these lollies are hard ones. Enjoy!
How simple is that? Please let me know if you make them and what do you think. Or you could post me a photo on my Facebook page. What ice cream do you like?