Christmas is literally around the corner, I can smell the mince pies, gingerbread men and granola already, I wish you could too! I already have loads of healthy Christmas treats on the blog, so today I am sharing a special Christmas appetizer or starter….Christmas cranberry and walnut hummus recipe! It oozes Christmas flavours and tastes great too.
I love hummus, I already have 4 hummus recipes on my blog including peanut butter (I know!) red pepper hummus, avocado hummus and pumpkin flavour, so this Christmas version is literally the cherry on the top. I love the combination of cranberries and walnuts, they go incredibly well together. Walnuts add extra healthy oils and cranberries the sweet flavour. I love serving this with grilled pitta bread cut up into strips. A perfect combination if you ask me.
For the Christmas cranberry and walnut hummus recipe I have used cashew nut butter instead of traditional tahini, but any nut butter will work. In my opinion the cashew butter makes it super creamy and if, like me, you’re using a trustee Vitamix you get an incredibly creamy and almost fluffy texture. If there is one gift to ask Santa this year let it be Vitamix…it is honestly worth every penny. I can no longer imagine my life without it! Also this recipe is a part of their Festive Moments Party, and I am doing the appetizer/starter. You can check the other delicious recipes in here.
Here’s the cranberry and walnut hummus recipe
- 1 tin chickpeas
- ¼ cup cashew nut butter or any other nut butter
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, or lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cranberries
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150 grams cooked beetroot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Walnuts and cranberries for toppings
- Grilled pitta bread strips
- Pop all the ingredients in your Vitamix and secure the lid
- Pulse a few times and then put on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until you get no lumps and a beautiful creamy texture.
- Use the tamper to press the ingredients onto the blades if needed.
- Taste and adjust flavours. I sometimes like to add a touch more garlic, salt and lemon.
- Place in small dishes/ramekins, top up with walnuts and let them set in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Enjoy with some grilled pitta bread strips or on its own.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts