Literally 11 days till Christmas, so this is the perfect time to start thinking what are you going to have for breakfast on Christmas day. Well, I got your sorted with my healthy Christmas granola recipe!When I think of Christmas the colours red and green come to mind so I tried to include these in this healthy Christmas granola recipe by way of pistachios, cranberries along with festive spices. This Christmas granola would also make a fabulous gift, especially for someone who likes and appreciates handmade gifts. You could make a big batch and package it a paper bag and tie with a festive string or even better, a couple of mason jars, tied with ribbons and hand written name tag. I have another festive granola recipe in here.
Healthy Christmas granola recipe
- 3 cups oats (jumbo oats are the best)
- ½ cup pistachios
- ½ cup crushed almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup cranberries (try to find apple juice sweetened cranberries or reduced sugar)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Juice from 1 orange
- 3 tbsps maple syrup (or any other sweetener)
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients including spices
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil and orange juice. Pour over the dry mixture and stir until combined thoroughly.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking tray and press down firmly so the mixture sticks together.
- Bake without stirring for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes switch the oven off and let it sit for another 20 minutes with the oven door slightly open.
- Enjoy with some warm milk, on its own or with yoghurt.
- Store in an airtight jar or sealed bag.