Today’s healthy, creamy, butternut squash pasta recipe is sponsored by Robert Welch. I was thrilled when they got in touch to test their new signature Ash Knife Block Set because a girl who likes to cook can never have enough good quality knives. I must admit I have a thing about knives. Almost every set I have been given or bought myself go blunt or dull within a few weeks, but I have high hopes for these multi-award-winning, signature kitchen knives. I was lucky enough to be sent this set that comes with 4 signature knives in a stylish knife block which has internal magnets that hold the knives securely in place, while protecting the sharp blades. The set contains a vegetable/paring knife, kitchen knife, cook’s/chef’s knife and a bread knife. All of these have hand applied 15° Japanese-style edge for superior sharpness and a 25 years guarantee! Have a look at the bread knife blade, I took a real close up so you can see the perfection.This healthy, creamy, butternut squash pasta recipe calls for some simple ingredients. I love to eat seasonally, so I picked up butternut squash but if you have a pumpkin lying around, try it too! Butternut squash has a sweet, nutty taste and gorgeous orange flesh. If stored in a cool, dry place it will last you for up to 3 months! It can be such hard work cutting up a squash but these Robert Welch knives slice it like a watermelon, thanks to their fully forged German stainless blades.In this recipe I used almond milk, but any milk would work well. I love adding sautéed mushrooms and spinach, as it adds both interesting textures and extra nutrients.To add a nice crunch and give it a protein boost, sprinkle crushed nuts over the top as they go really well with the sweet, creamy sauce and the slightly chewy mushrooms and spinach. I have another delicious butternut squash recipe here.
Here’s the healthy creamy butternut squash pasta recipe
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 350g pasta (I used Rizopia)
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bag of spinach (100g)
- 1½ cups almond milk (I used It’s Boringly Good)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch nutmeg
- Toppings: crushed nuts, extra chopped spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the butternut squash on the tray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and sautée the mushrooms for about 3 minutes on a medium heat. Add the spinach and continue cooking until it is softened. Set aside.
- When the butternut squash is roasted, place it into a blender together with the almond milk, spices and herbs and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Mix the pasta with mushrooms, spinach and butternut squash sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with crushed nuts and finely chopped spinach
How lush is this healthy creamy butternut squash pasta recipe? Make your weeknights extra special with this simple, quick and delicious recipe that all the family will enjoy! You can check the knife block I got here, it’s worth every penny and would make a lovely present! As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts