*****GIVEAWAY ALERT***** Calling all pasta lovers!! Have you tried Rizopia yet? Rizopia, the winner of the Free From Food Awards, is gluten free, wheat free, egg free, soya free, corn free and nut free, making it perfect for those of you with wheat allergies or anyone interested in a clean and healthy diet. What it is has is great flavour, texture, fiber and loads of goodness. Made from organic brown rice, it is a nutritious alternative to your normal white pasta which leaves your tummy nice and flat. You cook it and prepare it the same way as normal pasta. My kids don’t even notice the different flavour and my half Italian partner “allows” me to serve it even-though it is not Italian.Today I am sharing with you a light, healthy creamy pasta recipe which is perfect for hot summer days. Think loads of fresh vegetables, a bit of chilli and a nice dollop of your favourite white yogurt. Easy to prepare and it takes cca 30 min to make (including cooking the pasta).
Rizopia’s range is great, they have penne, fusilli, lasagne, fettucini and even kids pasta with 13 different funky shapes which is very popular with my little Sofia and gets her to eat her dinner in no time! Now the best bit ! Rizopia have been very kind and given me the whole range of their pasta to give away to one of you lucky readers! All you have to do is fill out the below rafflecopter, LIKE their Facebook page and follow their Twitter. Sadly this is only for UK based clean eaters as Rizopia is still working on expanding beyond the UK. You can check their page here to find out more. Now let’s get cooking.
- 1/2 pack of Rizopia penne
- 1/2 medium courgette
- 3 sticks of asparagus
- Handful of peas (frozen)
- Handful of Mange toute
- 1 red and 1 yellow sweet pepper
- half of punnet cherry tomatoes
- 3- 4 tbsp white yogurt (I used Provamel Soya Coconut zero sugar)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
- Black Pepper
- Chilli pepper (dried or fresh)
- Boil some water for the pasta in a pot. As soon as the water starts to boil, add salt and then the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the spring onion until lightly soft, then add the chilli and the garlic.
- Once the garlic starts releasing its flavours add the courgette, asparagus mange toute and peppers. After a few minutes, add the tomatoes followed by the frozen peas.
- Add a little (half a ladle) of the pasta water to the vegetables.
- Once you are happy with the vegetables that they are cooked to your preference, turn the heat off and spoon in the soya yogurt to create a slightly creamier consistency.
- Once the pasta is ready (al dente), add to the vegetable sauce and combine until the pasta is fully coated.
- Add to a plate and eat !
If you love clean and healthy pasta dishes, then don’t forget to check my Courgette penne with spicy tomato sauce or Spicy Spelt pasta with broccoli and cherry tomatoes.
To enter the giveaway:
Fill out the Rafflecopter giveaway below, follow Rizopia on Twitter and like their Facebook page. This is open to any clean eater in UK.
a Rafflecopter giveaway