It is hard to believe that Easter is nearly upon us when what seems like just a few weeks ago we were opening presents and enjoying some of my Christmas granola.
Thank goodness however, the days are getting longer and lighter, and the birds (and us) are all the more happy for it. There is even a little warmth in the sun when it shows its bright face.
Today I have for you my Easter fudge. It is luxurious, very indulgent and highly addictive. It’s so easy to put together with no chance of making any mistakes. If you are having guests over the Easter Holidays and want to show them that eating clean equals pure deliciousness, make these!
Don’t worry if you don’t have goji berries, you can use other dried fruit. It’s just that goji berries are small power houses boasting vitamin C, iron,calcium, zinc, selenium, protecting against heart disease and cancer and boosting your immune system…no raisins or cranberries will do that for you, so take a trip down to Tesco or Holland and Barrett to get your pack. Now for the recipe
- 1 cup tahini (I used Meridian)
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter or coconut oil (I used Coconut Merchant)
- 4 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 - 4 tbsp brown rice syrup or any of your favourite sweetener (depends how sweet you like it)
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- Coyo coconut yogurt or any other yogurt for decoration
- First mix together the tahini and coconut oil until smooth and well incorporated.
- Next add raw cacao, brown rice syrup and stir properly.
- Last add the goji berries.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer friendly dish and pop in the freezer for an hour.
- After an hour take it out, cut into bars and using coconut yogurt create crosses.
All I can add is have a very Happy Easter and let it be full of pretty blossom and sunshine for all