I love avocados. Like a lot. I like guacamole. A lot. I could eat it every single day which wouldn’t be very good, so I decided to come up with a light guacamole recipe that still has loads of avocado in it, but also other delicious ingredients to make it lighter.
Guacamole is a delicious and healthy dip made with all-natural, good-for-you ingredients, loaded with fibre and other nutrients. However, if you are keeping an eye on your fat intake, it can be a bit of an overload when exercising the right portion control.
In this light guacamole recipe, instead of two avocados, I have only used one, some thawed frozen peas, tomatoes and peppers. These ingredients work so lovely together and they give it a wonderful texture while still being creamy and indulgent.
Did you know avocado is an amazing source of biotin, which helps to prevent dry skin, brittle hair and nails?
This is amazing as a dip, but I also like to serve it as a pizza base. Just take a wrap and pop it under the grill for a couple of minutes so it hardens, then spread the guacamole all over, add fresh rocket, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds and whatever else you fancy and devour!
Here’s the light guacamole recipe
- 1 large ripe avocado, stoned
- 1.5 cups thawed frozen peas (fresh are even better)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small shallot, diced (you can use normal onion too)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice from half of lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pop all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor and blitz until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve straight away or keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- To prevent browning, squeeze more lemon juice on the top.
How easy is this light guacamole recipe? It’s also great on toast in the morning or for dipping my favourite almond crackers in.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts