Overnight oat recipes are going down a storm with you, so here is another one for you. This one is a bit more special, it is a jar or a glass of everything. You get chocolate chia pudding at the bottom, then a layer of Coyo coconut yogurt, then gorgeous and sweet mashed strawberries and topped all up with chocolate overnight oats. I mean isn’t this just amazing? if there is a breakfast heaven up there, this could well be the star dish.
This recipe might sound difficult,but it is very simple and totally versatile.
If you don’t have cacao use cocoa powder, if you don’t have maca leave it out and add vanilla instead.
No coconut milk? Go for rice, almond or soya milk.
The best bit is you make it all the night before and in the morning just create a decandent breakfast. I sometimes make this as an afternoon snack to unwind from the day or as a post workout treat.
- Chia pudding
- 1 tbsp of cacao and maca powder
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk, I used Provamel rice and coconut milk
- Mix all together and put in the fridge.
- Overnight oats
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1.5 tbsp of raw cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Touch of vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste
- Mix all together, put in the fridge to set
- Next day, put a layer of chia seed pudding in the jar then a layer of Coyo coconut yogurt, layer of mashed strawberries, layer of overnight oats and top it all up with pomegranate, blueberries and shredded coconut from Coconut Merchant. It is absolutely delicious!
As always let me know what you think and I hope you will love it as much as I do. Don’t forget to check my simple overnight oats , my chocolate and orange overnight oats and berry compote oats.