Good morning! I think this is the best treat ever! This raw chocolate recipe is amazing, now add the almond swirl and it is a chocolate dream come true. The best thing is that this treat is actively good for you, because eating raw food means your body is able to absorb all the nutrients more effectively .Raw food is food that is uncooked or heated below 46 degrees, so all the goodness still stays in which in return means more energy for you, better mood, clear mind and positive thinking. If you know me in person you will notice that most of the time I am very energetic, always smiling, positive and never in a bad mood.
I get often asked what are you on Hedi, and my answer is raw food. Raw food is all veggies and fruits, nuts and seeds, so you if can add them to your diet as much as you like. They will make you happy and healthy, I promise.
Now back to this gorgeous raw vegan chocolate recipe. This one is so simple, all you have to do is melt and blend everything together, put your feet up and wait for the freezer to finish off the magic. As with all my recipes you can substitute and switch things around. You don’t have cacao butter? Go for coconut butter or coconut oil. No raw cacao in your cupboards? Dig out the cocoa powder. If all the almond butter has been eaten, swap to peanut butter to create a Reese’s type flavour. Be creative, explore and play with flavours, there are no boundaries!
- Raw chocolate:
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup, maple syrup or raw honey
- Almond swirl
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp brown rice syrup
- Melt the cacao butter, then mix in raw cacao, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Prepare a glass baking dish, if you don't have one use your usual baking dish, but line it up with baking paper. Pour the chocolate mixture in and pop in the fridge for 5 min (not longer than that as we don't want the chocolate to set completely)
- Next for the almond swirl, melt the coconut oil and mix with almond butter and brown rice syrup. Pour the almond butter mixture on the top of the chocolate and by using a knife or fork create a swirl pattern. Pop back in the fridge for 30 min , then cut up and enjoy!
Be warned this raw chocolate with almond swirl is highly addictive. I am not lying when I say I actually had to go and brush my teeth to stop myself from eating the whole batch. As with all sweet treats, eat in moderation. Even though all ingredients are good and full of nutrients eating in moderation is necessary to stay on track when trying to be the best and healthiest version of yourself
PS: don’t forget to check my Healthy Reese’s cupcakes or Raw almond and cashew nut cupcakes.