Blackberries are my all-time favourite summer fruit, but I realised I haven’t got one single recipe here on my blog. So here I am sharing my simple and healthy blackberry tart recipe which I have been making for the last couple of years. It is incredibly simple and calls for no fancy ingredients.
They are a few reasons why I love blackberries (apart from their lovely sweet and tangy flavour). I love that they are free and that you can find them anywhere. Me and my other half Mark picked these literally two minutes from where we live.
Isn’t it fantastic when you can get something straight from nature and bake something delicious with it within 15 minutes from harvesting?
They are in full season now, so go out there and get some. Blackberries are also a good source of vitamin C, and dietary fibre.
I love pairing them with apples, as blackberries and apples are best friends forever, especially in my delicious crumble. You could also freeze them and pair with frozen bananas to create an easy and creamy ice cream.
Here’s the simple and healthy blackberry tart recipe
- 200g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, not melted
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup or any other sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg or for a vegan option use a flax seed egg
- Blackberry filling:
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup
- Topping: Flaked almonds, coconut powder (instead of icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease your tart/pie dish with a bit of coconut oil (I used a 26cm pie dish).
- For the base, combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl until a soft dough forms and then tip the mixture into your prepared tart/pie dish.
- Spread the mixture out evenly and press until firm using your fingers up the side of the dish.
- Prick the base with a fork and bake for around 12 -15 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Once baked, let it cool down completely.
- In the meantime, make the blackberry filling by tossing 4 cups of blackberries with ground almonds, lemon juice, and rice syrup.
- Spoon this mixture into the cooled tart shell. Top with the remaining 1 cup of blackberries and a handful of flaked almonds.
- Place the tart back in the oven and bake for around 25 minutes.
- Serve with some slightly dusted coconut powder.
How lovely is this simple and healthy blackberry tart recipe? Make this one for a nice afternoon treat on the weekend!
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts