I love savoury snacks, and grazing all day and in the evening too! This spicy roasted chickpeas recipe is perfect as a snack but also to keep hungry stomachs at bay with a few handfuls of this delicious recipe.Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, is irregularly round beige coloured legume. It has a firm texture even after cooking and a hearty nutty flavour. It is available dried or canned. I prefer canned, because time is precious, but if you have time, let it soak overnight and then cook for around 1 – 1,5 hours. If you are going the canned way make sure you get one with no salt or sugar added.Back to this spicy roasted chickpeas recipe. I used smoked paprika, ground cumin, salt, pepper and turmeric! Did you know turmeric helps to maintain normal blood pressure and circulation? It contains Curcumin,an anti-inflammatory which is beneficial and important for your body. I love Indigo Herbs Organic Turmeric Powder, you can check it here.You can have this spicy chickpeas as a snack, but I love it sprinkled on a soup, salad or stuffed sweet potatoes! It really spices up your regular meals.
Here’s the spicy roasted chickpeas recipe
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (I used Indigo Herbs Organic Turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp olive or melted coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line up your baking tray with baking paper
- Place the drained chickpeas in a bowl and toss with all the spices, salt and pepper
- Spread evenly out on a baking tray and roast for 35 minutes or until golden
- Once baked, switch the oven off, open the door slightly and let the chickpeas in there for another 10 minutes. It will be extra crunchy!
Here’s a quick video of this spicy roasted chickpeas recipe
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts