This stuffed breakfast sweet potato recipe will make every morning special, even Monday morning. It is very satisfying and a welcomed change to your breakfast routine.Stuffed breakfast sweet potato recipe is an easy, filling, healthy breakfast recipe that’s perfect to serve at breakfast time, brunch, afternoon snack or include in your weekly meal prep. You might think this must be a breakfast disaster but think again. Sweet potato filled with nut butter, banana, blueberries and drizzled with coconut nectar. All the sweet flavours and textures mixed together create a beautiful, filling dish, that I personally can devour anytime of the day. Let’s not forget to mention that this recipe is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and paleo friendly – full of protein, nutrition and flavour.Before we get to the recipe, just a couple of things. To bake the sweet potatoes takes about 35 minutes in the oven…that’s the part that takes some pre-planning, however if you want to speed up the baking process of sweet potato, please be amazed…you can microwave a sweet potato in minutes (hello, perfect weeknight meal)! Just set your microwave on the highest setting and pop it in for around 5 minutes.
Here’s the stuffed breakfast sweet potato recipe
- 1 sweet potato, washed and scrubbed
- 1 tbsp favourite nut butter (I used 3 nut butter from Tesco)
- ⅓ banana, sliced
- Few blueberries
- 1 tbsp crushed walnuts or any other nuts
- Drizzle of coconut nectar or any other sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7
- Using a fork, poke holes in the sweet potato, then bake in the preheated for around 35 minutes or until the sweet potato is fork tender.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked and slightly cooled, cut a slit down the centre, spread the nut butter and stuff with your favourite ingredients.
- Enjoy warm!
If you are after more breakfast sweet potato recipes, check out sweet potato toast here. As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts