All hail the return of comfort food! Nothing beats a big bowl of warm, slightly spice curry after a hard day at work. This is when my sweet potato and lentil curry recipe is perfect for autumn evenings or for a filling meal to see you through a wet weekend. Thank you again to Robert Welch for sponsoring this amazing recipe!I don’t know about you but as soon as sweater weather hits the land I crave warm, comforting food to face the frosty bite in the air and falling leaves. The best way is make big pots full of bubbling curry who tastes the best when eaten wrapped up with a big woollen blanket. Don’t get me wrong I love autumn, mainly park works. Me and Mark did an amazing engagement shoot for Renata and PJ in Richmond park and it was amazing! You can read all about here.My sweet potato and lentil curry recipe is once again very easy and all done in one big pan. I love the combination of sweet potatoes and lentils, these two are staples for anyone wanting a hearty meals and a little taste of home. I have a gorgeous lentil and sweet potato soup recipe for you here.To chop like a pro, you need quality, sharp kitchen knives for the job and these signature knives from Robert Welch are just what you need. A lot of thinking and attention to detail has gone into the design. What I also like is that Robert Welch is a successful British household brand that supplies kitchens and living spaces all over the world. Founded by Robert Welch, M.B.E., Royal Designer for Industry, the company has been trading over 50 years and has won many great awards throughout the years for their cutlery, kitchenware, tableware and other unique products for the home.
Here’s the sweet potato and lentil curry recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 cup dried red or green lentils
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 ½ pint vegetable stock or water
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup tinned coconut milk, full fat
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion until it’s turning slightly brown and then add the lentils, potato, carrot, and spices. Mix to combine everything, add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the sweet potato and lentils are soft.
- Mix in the ½ cup of coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve warm with brown rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes or couscous.