Hello to all watermelon lovers, especially those of you, who you like me, could eat melon for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you can’t take that much melon, give a go to this watermelon smoothie made with cucumber, lime and a bit of ginger….. It is so so good! Watermelon is a fantastic fruit which delivers great amounts of nutrients, vitamins while at the same time hydrating you. It mostly consists of water, so fantastic in a smoothie like this ,on a beautiful summer day, great for re-hydrating after your workout or in your salad to jazz it up a bit. The rumour has it that watermelon is one of those fat burning fruits with 1 cup of watermelon having only around 40 calories and your body burning more than 40 calories while trying to digest it. True or false, the bottom line is watermelon really delivers when it comes to flavour and nutrient benefits. Watermelon is the perfect summer fruit!
Your kids will love this watermelon pizza. Just slices it all up, add your favourite fruit and serve!
Here’s the watermelon smoothie and pizza recipe
- 2 cups of watermelon, take the seeds out and cut into cubes
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- Juice from 1 lime or lemon
- Tiny bit/chunk of fresh ginger, grated
- Place all these ingredients into your blender and blend until a smooth consistency. Make sure the ginger has blended fully and there are no bits of it left.
- Pour into a glass, add a couple of ice cubes and sip away!
Now you know the secret, please share with me how do you like your melon?