My love for no bake treats has been going strong for over 7 years now and has no intention of slowing. It all started with these Banana Almond Butter Cupcakes and I am sharing this lush recipe here with you today.
These are no-bake cupcakes, naturally vegan and gluten-free and absolutely delicious.
It's an easy recipe to make and the whole family will love it.
Why You'll Love these Banana Almond Butter Cupcakes
Well just look at them! What's not to love? The ingredients are really simple, healthy and affordable. It all starts with a crunchy base, made from almonds, dates, oats and coconut oil. The filling is a mix of bananas, almonds, almond butter, and coconut oil and it’s absolutely divine.
This recipe makes 12 smaller cupcakes, but can easily be scaled up or down.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make Banana Almond Butter Cupcakes
Here's what you'll need to make these delicious no bake cupcakes
- Almonds - No almonds, use Brazil nuts or walnuts, any nuts will work
- Dates - you could substitute the dates with raisins or dried figs. I think either would work in the recipe.
- Oats - just the basic porridge/rolled oats are fine. For gluten-free option use certified GF oats
- Bananas - a must, they make the topping creamy and delicious
- Almond Butter - I only use natural almond butter (look at the jar - is it just almonds? perfect!) - it tastes great and doesn’t have the sugar, palm oil, and other additives that big-name nut butters usually do.
- Desiccated Coconut - or shredded coconut
- Coconut Oil - holds the cupcakes together
- Vanilla extract - no recipe is every complete without vanilla extract
More No Bake Recipes to Try
Love these no bake cupcakes? Check out some of my other no bake healthy recipes.
- Healthy Banoffee Pie - a healthier recipe for banoffee pie. This pie is crushed nuts and dates base topped with caramel date sauce, bananas and whipped coconut cream.
- Raw Millionaire Shortbread Recipe - alll you need is raw chocolate, dates, nuts, coconut oil and either tahini or cashew nut butter.
- Bounty cake - just heavenly treat made with only 7 ingredients.
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake- no butter, no cream cheese, no flour and no fuss. Easy, chocolatey and has an incredibly smooth, mousse-like texture. It simply melts in your mouth!!
Tips for Making this Recipe
Silicone Moulds - These are a must. If you try to use paper cupcake liners, the cupcake mixture will turn them into a mess.
Blender - High Speed blender works the best, however you could try a good food processor too.
Storing Tips - These cupcakes are best stored in the freezer for up to a month. Start defrosting them about 10 - 15 minutes before serving.
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of dates
- ¼ cup of gluten-free oats
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, ripe
- ½ cup oil (no need to melt)
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Vanilla extract
- BASE: Soak the dates in warm water for 15 min.
- Then start by placing almonds into your food processor. It doesn't have to be flour consistency, just nicely grounded.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine very well.
- Now get cupcake forms and fill them half way through with the mixture.
- Press down firmly and set aside.
- TOPPING: Start by processing the almonds until flour like consistency.
- Add rest of the ingredients in and process until smooth. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Scoop the filling onto the crust and place the cupcakes into the freezer for minimum an hour.