Hello Clean Eaters. Today I would like to share one of my top favourite recipes Clean Banana bread! I have made it today as my post run reward and breakfast at the same time and you can just imagine how fast I was running to get home to this lovely treat. Yummy, moist, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and even with no added sugar if you want to. The whole family loves it and each time I make it it goes missing within a few hours.
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour (or spelt flour)
- ½ cup of gluten free oats
- ½ cup of almond milk
- ¼ melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of raisins, or cranberries or any of your favourite dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Touch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of brown rice syrup or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients and set aside.In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add all the wet ingredients.
- Combine both bowls together and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.