I know this is a bold statement, but this truly is the Best Healthy Flapjack! And it's very easy to make and no fancy ingredients required either. minimal prep time and so simple that this is a fabulous recipe to make with kids.
Flapjack is great to have at hand when you feel a bit peckish, but also when you need to recharge. It is packed with protein and a lot of good carbs - those that will make you energised and full for a while.
Oats in particular. I love oats, it is incredible in how many ways you can use them.
How to make the Best Healthy Flapjack?
The procedure is simple, the result fabulous!
The good thing about flapjacks is that you can use everything and anything you like. Someone prefers chocolate and a whole range of nuts and seeds, while others prefer to add some dried fruit.
Play with it! And use this as a base and just one example of how to make your best healthy flapjack.
The Best Healthy Flapjack Ingredients
- Oats - I used rolled oats in my flapjack recipe, as I find that it holds together a lot better. However, you can use whole/jumbo oats, you will just get a more crumbly texture.
- Nuts - If you are looking for the best nuts, and seeds go with Snacking Essentials. I am a proud ambassador of their products and their brand.
- Bananas - the riper, the better. Spotty ones are the best
- Nut butter - any nut butter will do. I used cashew nut butter to keep the flavours neutral and creamy
- Coconut Oil - to make it stick together and to add a touch of paradise
- Date Nectar - any liquid sweetener will do, so experiment
- Add a pinch of salt to intensify the flavour.
Flapjacks are very easy and quick to make, although you do have to wait for them to cool completely before you remove them from the tin and start slicing or they will fall apart.
More Healthy Bar Recipes
- Homemade No Bake Granola Bars
- Simple Granola Bars
- Roasted Almonds and Caramel Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Flapjack
- Simple Flapjack
- Healthy Chocolate Bar
Here's the Best Healthy Flapjack recipe
If you liked this recipe then this healthy Chocolate flapjack or this Simple Flapjack might be right up your street!