It's no secret that I love soups. I like to think of them as my "cold day smoothie" - a little boost of warmth and nutrients in my day. This healthy and easy vegetable soup recipe is just it!
It's Sunday evening while I am typing this and if you are wondering how to get through the long week ahead, then you might need a bowl of something home cooked such as this soup and an early night.
This healthy and easy vegetable soup recipe is filled with carrots, leeks, celery, spinach, peas and beans. You can pack it full of garlic, herbs, spices and even squeeze in lemon juice to serve. If you don't have beans, add in some potatoes instead.
Here is the healthy and easy vegetable soup recipe
- 2 carrots, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, washed and chopped
- 2 handful fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen/fresh peas
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin favourite beans (I used Red Kidney Beans)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil for frying
- Get a large pot and add in a tsp of olive oil then add the onion and garlic
- Fry for a few minutes, or until they are both turning golden, then add the chopped carrots, leeks and celery
- Fry gently on a low heat for around 10 minutes, or until soft, stirring regularly.
- Add the beans and stock and simmer for 20 minutes
- Finally, add the spinach and the peas and cook for a further couple of minutes,
- Taste and season to taste
- Devour immediately
How delicious is this healthy and easy vegetable soup recipe? If you need more soups in your life please check out my most popular Chunky Chickpea Soup, Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup, Hearty Bean Soup or my Healthy Carrot and Coriander Soup .