If you are a fan of sweet and salty then you have to make my quick and healthy watermelon salad. With avocado, spinach, spring onions, and cucumber, it's so refreshing and tastes like summer in every bite.
This is just perfect meal when it's too hot to cook. Few fresh ingredients with big flavours, so if you need a summer boost give this healthy watermelon salad a try. I love it just like that, but you could add squeeze of lemon, or my tahini dressing or peanut butter dressing.
How do you make quick and healthy watermelon salad?
It's so easy. All you have to do is great big ripe watermelon and chop it up. Add in spinach, avocado, cucumber, fresh mint leaves, spring onions and sesame seeds. That's it. As said above you can add dressing of your choice or squeeze some lemon and lime over. Give it a good mix and leave to stand for 15 minutes for all the flavours to mingle.
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 big avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 big handful spinach, washed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Optional: Lemon
- Arrange the spinach, watermelon, avocado, cucumber, mint, and spring onions on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, salt and lemon juice if using
- Enjoy or toss together and let it sit for 15 minutes to develop all the flavours
If you love this watermelon salad recipe…
Try more of my favorite salads like this White Bean Salad , this easy Spring Pasta Salad, or this Lentil Salad.