EASY VEGAN CHICKPEA TAGINE
VEGAN | GF | SUGAR-FREE
A simple and tasty vegan tagine with chickpeas, vegetables and apricots. Serve it with couscous or bread for a filling and hearty meal.
This warming chickpea apricot tagine requires only a handful of vegetables and a few key spices.
– Dried Apricots – Canned Chickpeas – Canned chopped tomatoes – Vegetable stock – Onion – Garlic
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Get a big heavy-bottomed pot or pan and fry the garlic and onions in olive oil until soft and translucent.
2. Add in the carrot and green pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes. 3. Next add in the courgette, salt and all the spices and fry for a minute or until the spices become fragrant.
4. Now add the dried apricots, canned tomatoes, chickpeas, and vegetable stock. 5. Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
6. For the last 5 minutes take the lid off and cook for another 5 minutes to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning as required. 8. Serve with couscous and top with fresh coriander and sliced almonds.
Swipe up to get this delicious recipe!