Are you excited about Easter? I am, because I have these delicious clean eating chocolate Easter eggs with Mighty matcha waiting for me in the fridge. As well as a couple of them in the freezer for any emergency situations during this chocolate filled weekend.
It is very dangerous to go shopping at the moment, because every single supermarket has shelves groaning under the weight of thousands of Easter eggs . My little Sofia wants every single one as it happens and I know I will give in. It is Easter after all and I don't want her to feel like she is missing out. Having said that, I will be offering both, healthy choices and the usual shop bought versions.
There are so many chocolate egg recipes out there, so I thought let me come up with something different. You know that I am a huge fan of Matcha Green Tea, so I thought, let me create clean eating chocolate Easter eggs with Mighty Matcha. Mighty Matcha is my latest discovery and I am in love. This quality high grade matcha tea is not only full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids but these guys are neighbours! You know how much I love connecting with local businesses and Mighty Matcha are fellow Essex entrepreneurs and equally passionate about clean and healthy eating like me! A Mighty match I say 🙂 Let's not forget to mention that Mighty Matcha received gold at the Great Taste Awards 2012 making Mighty Matcha officially one of the tastiest teas around.
Clean eating chocolate Easter eggs with Mighty Matcha Recipe
This recipe calls for raw chocolate, but don't worry if you can't find one or the budget is not permitting. You can use dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips. Just watch the sugar content, and the cacao content too. The higher the cacao the better and more chocolatey. You will also need egg moulds. I got mine from Poundland and they work perfectly, so no need to spend on any fancy ones. Don't forget to get your little ones involved, it tastes so much better when you make it yourself . They might not even look at the shop bought sugar laden options when they make their own ones.
Clean eating chocolate Easter eggs with Mighty Matcha
- 150 gr raw chocolate (or dark chocolate)
- 100 gr cashew nuts
- 5 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup (or more if you like it sweet)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 sachet / 3 gr Mighty Matcha tea
- Start by soaking the cashew nuts in the water for 30 mins.
- Next melt the chocolate gently in a bowl over a pot of boiling hot water.
- Get a silicone egg mould and using a wooden or silicone brush, spread the melted chocolate equally into each mould. Make sure you go right to the edges of the mould and do a nice thick layer.
- Once all the chocolate is spread, place the moulds in the freezer (make sure you leave a tiny bit of the melted chocolate over so you can stick the eggs together at the end)
- Get a food processor and place the cashew nuts (including the water) in. Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and start blending. You might need to scrape the sides of the food processor a couple of times and you will need to blend for a few minutes. The mixture should be lovely and smooth and remember to always taste and adjust the sweetness. If the texture is not smooth enough add a touch of water.
- Once happy with the texture, add Mighty Matcha and process again for 30 seconds.
- Now, time to fill the eggs by dividing the Mighty Matcha mixture equally between all of them.
- To stick the egg halves together, use a bit of the left over melted chocolate from the bowl that you used for melting and go over the chocolate edges. Take 2 egg halves and stick them together before placing them back in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.
- Before eating let them thaw for a few minutes
These eggs are just gorgeous. I like to cut them in half and eat the inside with a little spoon, leaving the chocolate till last.
I don't know about you, but I hope my Easter bunny will somehow bring more of these!
Are you sold yet? If you have never tried Matcha tea before give it a try! Mighty Matcha prices start at as little as £2 and they even offer FREE delivery! You can check them out in here, say hi on their Facebook , Twitter or Instagram.
Wishing you the best Easter ever!
Leave a Reply