Oh yes, oh yes! I am smiling while I am typing this because this chocolate roasted chickpeas recipe will knock your socks off! Literally!
Gently sweet with a chocolate kick it delivers on the flavour, texture, smell and hat final satisfaction feeling.
It is healthy, gluten- free, dairy-free, nut-free, wheat free, full of crunch...and simply marvellous!
How to Make Chocolate Roasted Chickpeas
It's so simple. Basically rinse and drain the chickpeas, then mix it with all the ingredients and pop in the oven to bake/roast until crispy and super chocolatey.
- Chickpeas - tin chickpeas in water is perfect. Not the salty water though. Make sure you dry it off before adding any ingredients. You can use dried chickpeas too. Just soak them in plenty of water for a minimum of 8 hours or more and then drain and cook in plenty water for up to 2 hours.
- Coconut sugar - it adds lovely caramel flavour, but if you don't have coconut sugar, maple syrup or any other sweetener will work fine too.
- Cocoa Powder - this is what makes the chocolate flavour. If using cacao use only 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon - this is a must, it adds yummy flavour and a beautiful flavour
- Vanilla Extract - optional, but nice to add a touch of vanilla
Can you believe we are almost a month down already? I can hear February knocking on the door! Are you still sticking to your New Year's resolution?
It is so easy to slack off during winter, so don't worry if you are failing. There is still another 11 months to achieve your goals!
You name it, I have a recipe for it here on my blog, so check them all out while munching on these chocolate roasted chickpeas.
Store in an airtight jar for up to a week. Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
How simple is this chocolate roasted chickpeas ? It is not only delicious and nutritious but also easy, quick and makes a healthy snack suitable for your kid's packed lunch or to keep in your work desk drawer.
Store in an airtight jar for up to a week.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.