Dust off your apron and get ready to make my baked peanut butter falafels. They are crunchy on the outside, but moist and fluffy on the inside.
I love chickpeas for its delicious nutty flavour and creamy texture.I don't know if you have noticed, but it has sort of heart shape and looks similar to hazelnuts.
I have used normal tinned/canned chickpeas. You can buy dried chickpeas and let it soak overnight before cooking or you can be as lazy as I am and just use the tinned version. It is so versatile and can be used as the base for cooking and baking.
It belongs to the legume family and is packed with protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber and is very low in fat.
About Baked Peanut Butter Falafels
I am sure you have eaten falafels before, but my baked peanut butter falafels have an added protein boost by using peanut butter.
You can skip this part, but trust me when I say these falafels will add some spice to your midweek meal.
I also add half a teaspoon of turmeric, which is a key spice for all of you curry lovers out there, but also has amazing anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
The falafel mixture should have a coarse texture. This will ensure a crisp outside and a moist inside. Btw. Have you tried my homemade peanut butter hummus yet ?
More Healthy Chickpea Recipes:
- Chunky Chickpea Soup
- ActiFry (AirFryer) Chickpea and Bean Falafel
- Chickpea Scramble
- Chocolate Roasted Chickpeas
- Easy Greek Chickpea Salad
Here's the Baked Peanut Butter Falafels Recipe
Clean baked peanut falafels
Do I dare to say these is the best clean eating peanut butter falafels recipe? Yes I do! So easy to make and full of lovely flavours and ingredients.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley or coriander (I lurrrve coriander)
- Juice from 1 lemon or lime
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and black pepper
- ⅓ cup ground almonds or you could use ¼ cup buckwheat flour (they both work very nicely)
- Start with preheating your oven to 190 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the chickpeas into a food processor and process until a smooth/puree consistency. Add peanut butter, ground almonds or buckwheat flour, ground turmeric, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Combine well, then season with salt and pepper. If the mixture is too thick add splash of water or milk.
- Using your clean and a little bit wet hands shape the chickpea mixture into small balls before placing the balls on the baking sheet, pop in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Flip over once at the halfway point to avoid burning and for even cooking.
- Enjoy with salad, wholemeal tortillas or pita bread and a nice dollop of white yogurt
Leave a comment if you do make these delicious falafels and have a wonderful weekend! As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
I am currently cooking these! ! I did notice lemon/lime was missing from the method? I added it along with everything else! How do you store your leftovers? Can they be frozen? Enjoy following you & your recipes always look amazing! !