This ActiFry chickpea and tofu stew made in my Air Fryer is delicious, easy, fully plant-based and packed with loads of flavour.
This cozy chickpea and tofu stew is hearty enough to make a meal of and perfect on cold winter days. And as with most of my recipes you will need only 7 ingredients!
This is my third recipe for Tefal’s Spin Class Campaign. The first one was the truly scrumptious ActiFry Red Berry and Peppermint Spring Rolls and the second was light yet filling ActiFry Chickpea and Bean Falafel all made in my Tefal ActiFry Genius XL.
This time when I spun the ‘Gear of goodness’ to help me decide which recipe to create, I landed again on gear 1, which is ‘healthy but hearty well-known dishes”.
This dish can be served on its own, or with rice, quinoa or my Sweet Potato and Kale Mash. This is a really healthy dish, packed with carbs, herbs, spices and protein, and perfect for a chilly evening.
There are loads of reasons why I love cooking with Tefal ActiFry genius XL:
- One-Pot-Perfect – Simply add all your ingredients in at the same time, and let the ‘1-meal-in-1-go’ settings do the work for you.
- Healthy Cooking – Cooking your favourite fried food with 99% less added fat*
- Family Friendly – A capacity of up to 1.7kg* feeds up to 8 people! No more meals for one, there’s enough for all the family!
- 9 Automatic Cooking Settings – The Actifry adjusts automatically the stirring, cooking and temperature control settings, helping you achieve perfectly even, delicious meals. From fries to stir-fries, curries and even desserts!
How do you make chickpea and tofu stew?
It's so easy, you will need cooked chickpeas, firm tofu, diced onion, olive oil, curry powder, tomato juice, coriander, salt and pepper.
Mix the oil with the curry powder and pop together with the diced onion into the air fryer. Cook according to the instructions, then add rest of the ingredients, cook for further 20 minutes and that's it.
You are done and ready to serve. Here's a video of how I made this ActiFry Chickpea and Tofu Stew
I will share the full recipe down below, but you can also find it on the My ActiFry app which can be downloaded for free.
Each recipe comes with the ingredients laid out clearly, step by step instructions and you can even create a shopping list to make sure you have everything you need.
- 400g cooked chickpeas
- 200g firm tofu, cubed
- 200ml tomato juice
- 1 ActiFry spoonful of coriander, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 ActiFry spoonful of vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- ½ Actifry spoonful of curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Stir the curry powder into the oil. Place in the ActiFry with the onion and close the lid
- Cook for 5 minutes on 220 degrees celsius
- Next add the chickpeas, tofu and tomato juice
- Close the lid and cook for 20 minutes on 220 degrees celsius
- Garnish with the coriander and serve with your favourite side dish
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 10gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Tefal has recently launched a new feature called ActiProgramme, which is designed to help everyone stay fit and active and eat well. Check out the video below for more info!
Disclaimer: Collaborative paid work with Tefal ActiFry, but as always all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own