If you don’t think that sweet potatoes and avocado is the perfect marriage, think again. Baked sweet potato together with creamy, lush avocado is pure perfection and so is this Hasselback sweet potato with guacamole recipe.
I am not somebody who likes to brag or show off, but can I show you something? I have two things to share with you. Firstly, I was featured in Woman magazine this week! Hurrayyy, I made it, my 5 minutes of fame 🙂
Number two, I have now set up my kitchen as a food business and I will be making delicious, healthy treats. I got a visit from my local council and have been awarded a ‘5’ for food hygiene. Wohoooo! I will be selling my healthy treats locally first in order to see what the response and feedback is, then if successful, I would like to open an online shop. Wish me luck!
Now back to today’s Hasselback sweet potato with guacamole recipe. I first got to know Hasselback potatoes in my very first job here in the UK. My Swedish colleague would always bring in these cool looking potatoes in her packed lunch and we would all be curious what it was.
Hasselback potatoes are basically roasted potatoes with thin slices across the potato. What I like to do with them is to stuff them with something, usually avocado (or guacamole) but you could eat them just like this on their own.
Rosemary, smoked paprika and a touch of olive oil work nicely too or I have seen them served with mozzarella, or even a cashew cream cheese. Yum!
Here's the Hasselback sweet potato with guacamole recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes medium size
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 small shallot, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: spring onions, pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Wash the potato and make thin, evenly spaced slices about two-thirds of the potato making sure you don’t cut all the way through.
- Brush with oil making sure to get in between all the slices.
- Place on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 45 minutes (keep checking on them so they don’t get burned)
- In the meantime, make the guacamole by mixing all the ingredients together. Make sure you taste and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Once the time is up for the potatoes, take them out of the oven and let them cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Divide the guacamole into 2 parts and stuff it in between the slices and on the top of each potato
- Garnish with spring onions and freshly ground pepper.
How delicious and super simple is the Hasselback sweet potato with guacamole recipe? As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts