If you are looking for something different to serve as a side for Easter I have something just perfect for you! Healthy loaded sweet potato stacks recipe. They look and taste amazing and they are super easy to make too!
These sweet potato stacks recipe is packed with goodies! Crispy and well seasoned sweet potato slices topped with an easy "guacamole", ribbons of cucumber, sweet beef or vine tomatoes, all topped up with crushed chilli and coarsely ground pepper and salt. They cherry on the top is one big juicy olive!
These sweet potato stacks are perfect for a delicious, nutrient packed meal or snack. It’s also a vibrant dish that can liven up any party! It's paleo, gluten and vegan friendly as well as Whole30 approved, so give it a go.
Here's the healthy loaded sweet potato stacks recipe
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- ½ avocado
- 1 medium beef tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white plant-based yoghurt
- Few ribbons of cucumber
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C / 400F and line baking tray with baking paper
- Wash the sweet potato, cut into ¼ in (6 mm) slices and place them in a bowl.
- Now add in the bowl olive oil and all spices including salt and pepper. Combine well together
- Pop on the baking tray (make sure they are spread evenly) and bake for about 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the sweet potato slices, flipping about halfway through.
- In the meantime mix avocado with the yoghurt, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the sweet potato slices are baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes
- Now the layering. Spoon avocado mixture onto 1 sweet potato circle. Add tomato slice, and top with cucumber ribbon
- Top with another sweet potato circle, add a little more avocado spread, another cucumber ribbon and a big juice olive
- Give it another sprinkle of crushed chillies, pepper and salt.
- Repeat the process until you’ve used all your sweet potatoes
- Serve straight away and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
How easy is this healthy loaded sweet potato stacks recipe? If you want more savoury sweet potato recipes then try my sweet potato nachos, sweet potato kale mash or simple sweet potato toast. Also remember to pin this recipe up!