Hands up if you want cookies for breakfast?! Say no more.. these simple and clean breakfast cookies are here for you and they meet all breakfast requirements: easy to make, portable and packed with plant-based goodness.
These cookies are dairy-free, refined sugar-free and you can use GF oats to make them gluten-free. Made in one bowl, it's really the easiest, simple and clean breakfast cookies recipe you'll ever make, I promise.
How do you make simple and clean breakfast cookies?
Oats, banana and apple puree are the base, then add whatever you want. I used ground flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, fresh blueberries, and grated apple. Touch of cinnamon and a pinch of salt to bring all the amazing flavours together. Bake for around 15 minutes and enjoy!
I love breakfast cookie parfait bowl, which is basically vanilla yogurt + fresh berries + these amazing cookies....GENIUS IDEA if you ask me 🙂
- 2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- 1 big handful fresh blueberries
- ½ grated apple
- 1 big ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup apple puree/sauce
- 1 tbs maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C / 355F
- In a medium-size bowl stir all ingredients together. Give it a really good mix to ensure everything is mixed well.
- Let sit for 5 minutes for the oats to absorb all the moisture
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Use an ice cream or a cookie scoop to form approximately 10 -12 cookies
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
...and there you have it...simple and clean breakfast cookies. If you are a true cookie monster then you have to make my Cherry Bakewell Cookies, Healthy Almond Florentines, peanut butter oat cookies, or the ultimate Chocolate and Orange Cookies.