These Oat Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect healthy recipe for a grab-n-go breakfast.These are naturally vegan, gluten-free and made with only 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
My 2 favourite things to eat are peanut butter and oats. Now imagine how excited I get when I combine these two together and create these delicious Oat Peanut Butter Cookies.
I have made these rounded little treats on Saturday and by Monday there were none left! So my advice for you is HIDE them, so nobody can find them and eat them. Yes, they are that good!
The ingredients are nutritious, the preparation is simple, and the final cookies are just delicious.Thanks to PB, there’s no need to use oil or butter. Peanut butter keeps them together!
Ingredients For Oat Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies require only a handful of simple ingredients and will be ready to eat in no time!
- Peanut Butter - Make sure you use only 100% peanut butter with nothing added and that the peanut butter is runny. You could use almond, cashew butter or tahini instead.
- Oats - Simple porridge/rolled oats are perfect. If you want these cookies to be gluten-free, use certified GF oats
- Maple Syrup - I love maple syrup, but you could also make these oat peanut butter cookies with any other sweetener
- Flaxseed Egg - You mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp of water. Mix and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Cinnamon - A pinch of cinnamon makes the cookies extra delicious
- Baking Powder - Just to make them rise a bit.
How Do You Make Oat Peanut Butter Cookies
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper
STEP 2: Mix oats with baking powder and cinnamon
STEP 3: Now add in the flax seed egg, peanut butter and maple syrup
STEP 4: Stir well to ensure all oats are moist and well coated
STEP 5: Roll the dough into equal size balls, and press to flatten on the baking paper
STEP 6: Bake in the oven for eight to ten minutes or until slightly brown
STEP 7: REALLY IMPORTANT, LEAVE THE COOKIES IN THE SWITCHED OFF OVEN FOR ANOTHER 10 MINUTES TO SET
Tips for Making this Recipe
- You’ll need to roll the dough with your hands a, so get your hands a little bit wet so that the dough doesn’t stick to you
- To achieve equal cookie sizes use ice cream scoop
- Store any leftover cookies an airtight container for up to 3 days
- Freeze any leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 month
If you’re a peanut butter lover like me, you’ll also love these recipes:
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Baked Peanut Butter Falafels
- Peanut Butter Hummus
- Healthy Raw Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Raw Peanut Butter and Banana Cake
- Peanut Butter Banana Ice Lollies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tbsp flaxseeds mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix oats with baking powder and cinnamoon
- Next add in the flaxseed egg, peanut butter and maple syrup
- Stir well to ensure all oats are moist and well coated.
- Roll the dough into equal size balls, and press to flatten on the baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for eight to ten minutes or until slightly brown.