I just love simple recipes that don’t require any hard work or special ingredients that you can’t buy in your local shop. That’s why my Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chia Jam are one of my staples and so easy.
You just literally need buckwheat flour, peanut butter, coconut sugar and water. That’s it! They are yummy and don’t go overboard on sweetness with the chia jam giving it a bit of a sweet and sour kick. You can actually use any flour, I just like using buckwheat flour because it is gluten free, full of minerals and nutrients and has a slightly earthy flavour which I like. However any nut flavour or even quinoa flour should work nicely. Avoid coconut flour though, I tried and it was a failure as it is far more dense and requires a lot of moisture.
With Christmas gone and the new year ahead it is that time of year again when we are inspired, determined and excited to get healthy and fit. New year, new you ? If this sounds like you don’t forget to sign up for the next 3 Month Clean Eating challenge which starts on the 1st of January. We already have 300 people in the group and it is buzzing. It is truly life changing, no fad diet, gimmicks or magic pills. You can read all about here or email me if you have any questions.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chia Jam
Talking of inspiration I often get asked how I started with food blogging. Well, the short story is that I first created my Facebook page and posted my daily food recipes there to keep me in check and hopefully inspire others. Soon after people always” moaned” about not being able to find the recipes and suggested I start a blog…… so I did. Hey, if you want to start a food blog yourself, just check out this 3-step guide from my blogging mate Howie to get you going, I think this sums it up perfectly http://hurrythefoodup.com/how-to-start-a-food-blog/
Now let’s get on with the healthy peanut butter cookies with chia jam recipe, shall we? The best part is that they are healthier without tasting healthy if you know what I mean? They are made without any butter or oil and I use coconut sugar which is way better than normal sugar!
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (you can use date syrup, maple syrup or any other sweetener)
- Optional and if needed : ¼ cup water to make the dough stick together
- Chia jam
- ½ cup fresh frozen raspberries (you can use blueberries or strawberries too)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, coconut sugar or any other sweetener
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper
- Using your hands mix all ingredients together until a sticky dough is formed.
- Resist not to eat all the dough
- Form small balls, place them on the baking tray and with your thumb make a small whole in the middle
- Resist not the eat the balls
- Place in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes
- Chia jam - Simmer all ingredients on a low heat until thick. Set aside to cool down
- Once cooled down pop a blob of chia jam inside the small holes in the peanut butter biscuits and devour like there is no tomorrow.