I am officially kicking off the Christmas recipe bonanza and what better choice than my clean and healthy Ferrero Rocher recipe. I used to love these, they were the real Christmas treat. As you might know I grew up in the Czech Republic and treats like these were special and expensive.
This clean and healthy Ferrero Rocher recipe is incredibly easy. Please don’t expect it to be the exact texture and flavour. What you can expect though is pure bliss and satisfaction as you take each bite. I even put a hazelnut in each ball to make it similar. As a coating, I used raw chocolate, but if your budget is tight go for normal dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips. They have some sugar in, but it is Christmas after all isn’t it, and you are trying your best.
If you want to make it even more special, coat each ball in the chocolate twice, first before rolling in nuts, then let them set for 30 minutes in the fridge, followed by the second chocolate coating. It is heavenly and proper indulgent if you do it twice. Remember to indulge in moderation, but don’t feel bad if you eat a couple…… and then some! If you think about it, these are nice ingredients and so much nicer and kinder to your health and waistline.
I have loads more exciting recipes coming up…think rocky road, ginger cake, kids festive punch and more! Just make sure you are subscribed to my blog or following my Facebook page, so you don’t miss out.
Here’s the clean and healthy Ferrero Rocher recipe
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts (pop them in the oven for around 10 minutes)
- 1 cup dates, medjool dates work the best (soak them for 15 minutes if you don’t have a strong enough blender)
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 small bar raw chocolate
- 15 hazelnuts to put in the balls
- Some crushed hazelnuts for rolling in
- Pop the hazelnuts, dates and cacao in your blender and process until you get a sticky kind of fudgy dough
- Form 15 balls and place a hazelnut in each of them
- Pop in the freezer for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, melt the raw chocolate and prepare your crushed hazelnuts
- Take the balls out of the freezer, dip them in the chocolate and ensure they are all evenly covered. Then roll in the crushed hazelnuts
- If you want to do another coating, pop the balls back in the freezer for 10 minutes and then again coat in the chocolate
- Let them set completely before devouring.
So what do you think? Are you going to give a go to this clean and healthy Ferrero Rocher recipe? As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts