Nothing screams more summer than this very refreshing watermelon cucumber and feta salad. It's juicy and refreshing, completely vegan, gluten- free and goes incredibly well with anything.
This salad is super simple to make while packing in a lot of flavour.
About This Watermelon Cucumber and Feta Salad
I think it’s pretty impossible to go wrong with anything involving watermelon in my books. But imagine adding in some crunchy cucumber, creamy feta, fresh mint, and a juicy lemon….It’s just the right mix of sweet and savoury.
Try it once, and you’ll have it on repeat for the rest of watermelon season.
Watermelon Cucumber Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- Watermelon - Seedless work the best, but if you don't mind the seeds use any watermelon.
- Cucumbers - I like to leave the skin on, but you can peel it off if you prefer
- Feta - I used vegan feta, but you can go for the traditional one. Feta adds creaminess and saltiness to the sweet, juicy watermelon.
- Herbs - I used freshly chopped basil, but you can try mint, coriander, or any other fresh herb.
- Lemon - Gives this watermelon salad zesty kick and life. You can use lime too.
Watermelon Feta Salad Variations
This watermelon feta salad is so versatile and can be changed to whatever you like.
- Add Spice - You can add finely sliced red onions and chilli flakes to add a nice spicy kick to this watermelon salad
- Add Crunch - Toasted walnuts or pumpkin seeds are amazing
- Add Protein - Baked tofu, quinoa or any other protein of your choice will make this salad a full meal
- Add More - Edamame, avocado, strawberries, spring onions are great additions to this watermelon feta salad
How To Make Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad
STEP ONE: Chopped up your watermelon
STEP 2: Chop up your cucumber and basil
STEP 3: Mix all together and add the lemon juice
STEP 4: Season with salt and pepper to perfection. You can add more lemon juice if you prefer.
STEP 5: Add your favourite feta, I used vegan from Vivolife, give another gentle toss and serve
Watermelon Salad Serving and Storing Suggestions
I like to serve this salad as a main dish or as a side dish with whatever I’m grilling whether it is this Falafel Burger or Cauliflower Steak. If you have extra watermelon, make Quick Watermelon Salad or Watermelon Bruschetta.
This salad is best served immediately, but you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Please note both watermelon and cucumber contain a lot of water, so there might be a lot of liquid the next day.
If you love this watermelon cucumber salad recipe…
- ½ small melon, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 big handful basil, finely chopped
- ½ pack feta (I used vegan but traditional works too)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up your watermelon
- Chop up your cucumber and basil
- Mix all together and add the lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper to perfection. You can add more lemon juice if you prefer.
- Add your favourite feta, I used vegan from Vivolife, give another gentle toss and serve.
You can use fresh mint instead of basil or lime instead of lemon.