I have a new love….his name is Vitamix..he is tall, dark(ish) and very handsome! He is reliable, fast, can do anything and everything and is here for me for life. Today he made me this clean eating cream of bean soup recipe and that has sealed the deal with me forever….happily ever after. THE END!
I have finally got a Vitamix! I got the Vitamix Professional 750 Series Blender from the lovely people at Vitamix. I wanted this super-fast, amazing blender for years and years and now that I have finally got it I am blending like a pro. It makes desserts, hearty soups, smoothies, can knead (can you smell the homemade bread that is rising in my oven..I wish you could), grinds (think lush nut butters) and chops. Puuuuuuurfection. Today I am testing it with a quick clean eating cream of bean soup recipe. I am basically not using anything else just the Vitamix which literally heats up the soup with the friction of the blades. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes and that includes boiling water in a kettle! I know you love these quick healthy recipes because after a full day at work or running around after the children and household the last thing on your mind is cooking an hour long dinner.
What I love about the cream of bean soup is that you can slurp it from a small bowl or pour it into your mug. Then position yourself in a comfy armchair and slurp away. If you are feeling a bit hungrier, dunk in some almond crackers or nut free crackers in case you are allergic to nuts. A cosy night in with some delicious healthy comfort food…this is my style!
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Vitamix, you can cook this on a hob too or use your normal blender, but maybe you could ask Santa this year for a Vitamix? You will not regret it.
Here’s the clean eating cream of bean soup recipe
- 2 tins cannellini or any other white beans, drained and rinsed (organic ones are the best)
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 clove garlic (you can add more if you like it a bit more garlicky)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pop all the ingredients into your Vitamix, select the Hot Soup programme and allow the programme to run (around 5 minutes) to create delicious, smooth and creamy soup.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. If too thick add more liquid and give it one more quick blend.
- For the hob version, add all ingredients into your blender, puree until smooth and transfer to a pot
- Simmer for around 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season to taste.
- Serve with some roasted almonds, a few pieces of spring onion and touch of curry powder
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
You can check Vitamix here and don’t forget to ask Santa for it ! I know it comes with a hefty price tag, but so do all good things in life!
Disclaimer: Thank you to the lovely people at Vitamix who sent me the Vitamix Professional 750 Series to play with in return to create some delicious and healthy recipes.