This healthy chocolate granola recipe is super-easy to make with only 4 ingredients, and oh-so crunchy, chocolatey and delicious.
My healthy eating granola recipes are one of the most visited and liked posts, so I thought let’s make another one, and clean healthy chocolate granola was born.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE GRANOLA INGREDIENTS:
Here are the 4 ingredients you will need…
- Oats: Also known as rolled oats, but if you have use jumbo oats for better crunch. (Also, if you would like this recipe to be gluten-free, be sure to use certified GF oats.)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: you can also use cacao powder, just add a bit less as cacao powder is stronger than cocoa powder
- Melted coconut oil: 100% organic raw is the best, but you can use any
- Date syrup: or date nectar, maple syrup, rice sirup, coconut nectar...basically any healthier liquid sweetener
- Optional: nuts, coconut flakes or dried fruit
HOW DO YOU MAKE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE GRANOLA:
It's so simple:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper
- Whisk together the melted coconut oil and date syrup
- Mix in cocoa powder and give it a good whisk until completely smooth
- Now add in the oats - make sure its all well combined
- Spread the granola mixture evenly on your baking tray
- Let the mixture bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and give the mixture a thorough stir.
- Let the granola cool for about 20-30 minutes, or until the granola has harden and is nice and crunchy
- Add your mix-ins
It is so simple and nice, that I am sure this will shortly become your staple granola recipe.
Use this recipe as a guideline for a basic granola and then “spice” it up by adding coconut flakes, your favourite nuts, dried fruit or even some nut butter.
Talking about top granola recipes have you tried my Crunchy peanut granola?
Can you see I am a bit obsessed with granola? I even added a bit of this clean chocolate granola on my porridge the other day and it was an unforgettable breakfast….I can’t stress enough how much better is your own homemade granola, loaded with fiber, protein and calcium over the shop-bought kind.
That is without even mentioning the smell of your house while the granola is in the oven…
Here is the Healthy Chocolate Granola Recipe
This healthy chocolate granola is not only the perfect breakfast, but also a fabulous kids packed lunch addition, brilliant for on-the-run snacking, great 3 pm snack served on a bed of your favourite yogurt or mixed with bananas and a drizzle of coconut syrup.