Looking for something a little different to put on your toast? This tomato and chickpea avocado toast recipe will satisfy you, and keep you feeling full for hours!
Summer is here and my recipes are starting to lighten up with loads of fresh veggies. So it's no surprise that my Avocado Chickpea Tomato Toast recipe is no different!
This is an easy fully plant-based/vegan breakfast, snack or lunch for days when you can't be bothered to cook or it's too hot outside.
This recipe is not only loaded with fresh flavours, protein and fiber, but it's also the perfect combination of colours and textures... Think juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, crunchy toast and more.
Five minutes is all you need to make this healthy salad on toast! If you don't have any bread on hand - no problem! Just eat it like a salad.
For the toast, I used rye sunflower seed bread from Aldi, which is freshly ground from whole grains boasting high fibre content. You could also make my easy homemade bread or my paleo-friendly flourless nut bread.
Tomato Chickpea Avocado Toast ingredients:
- Rye bread. You can use whichever bread you prefer, but a nice thick rye or nut bread works best.
- Garlic. To rub on the bread.
- Olive Oil. Extra virgin to drizzle on top.
- Avocado. Cubed.
- Chickpeas. Drained.
- Spinach. Washed and chopped.
- Beef tomatoes. Chopped up.
- Lemon. Juiced.
- Chili flakes. Optional.
- Salt & Pepper. To season.
Mix everything except the bread, olive oil and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
Toast your bread, then rub it with the garlic and drizzle a little olive oil on top.
Place your tomato, chickpea avocado toast topping on the bread and serve!
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 avocado cubed
- ½ can chickpeas
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 2 beef tomatoes, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- chili flakes
- salt & pepper
- In a bowl mix all the topping ingredients, season well and set aside
- The bread is best toasted/grilled in the oven or toaster, but it can also be done in a griddle pan. After that lightly rub couple of times with a cut clove of garlic and then drizzle with some good extra virgin olive oil.
How easy is this gorgeous and healthy avocado, chickpea, tomato toast recipe? As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
You can also check out our avocado chickpea toast web story here.