I don’t like brownies made with peanut butter… said no one ever! Today is your lucky day if you like mug cake, or brownies, or peanut butter, or basically cakes in general. I am sharing with you a chocolate peanut butter brownie mug cake recipe which takes literally 5 minutes!
If you have not heard about mug cake before (what??) it’s basically a cake made in the microwave. I love mug cakes for a couple of reasons:
1. It helps to manage your portions (1 mug = 1 portion)
2. It takes literally 5 minutes to make from the start to finish
I already have one recipe here which is a simple chocolate mug cake. This one has the peanut butter added in plus other ingredients to make it more like a brownie mug cake recipe.
Please note that the cake will have risen as it comes out of the microwave and then it will sink back down as it cools down. This has no effect on the delicious taste let me tell me you. If you don’t have a microwave, bake it in the oven preheated to 180C for around 15 minutes.
Before we get to the recipe, let me remind you that I will be cooking live at the Love Natural Love You Show on Saturday 8th July. You can get your free tickets here. Come and say hi please, I am really just a normal girl who loves to talk food and everything around it.
Here’s the chocolate peanut butter brownie mug cake recipe
Chocolate peanut butter brownie mug cake recipe
Chocolate peanut butter brownie mug cake recipe which takes literally 5 minutes and all you need is a large mug and microwave.
- 3 tablespoon spelt flour
- 1.5 tablespoon cacao
- 3 tablespoon coconut milk (or your favourite milk)
- 2 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon date nectar (or your favourite liquid sweetener)
- 1 chia egg or 1 normal egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large mug. Then add the rest of the ingredients and combine well together until smooth.
- Place in the microwave for about 1 min 30 seconds to 1 min 45 seconds.
How simple is this chocolate peanut butter brownie mug cake recipe? Seriously, baking cakes doesn’t get easier than this! As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
Can you use coconut flour instead of spelt flour?
No lovely, it wouldn't work x x x
What could be used instead of the coconut products? I'm allergic xx
Almond or rice milk lovely, and instead of coconut oil try groundnut oil or any cold pressed oil. Hedi x x x
We don’t have a microwave.. could we also make it in the oven?
yes, 180 degrees for around 30 minutes x x