Well hello there! You want a clean eating rocky road recipe? Then come and get it, it is so good you won’t even know it is healthy!
This rocky road is more Christmassy but you could make it any time of the year. The recipe as always is very versatile, so swap cranberries and pistachios for raisins and walnuts , just make sure you stick to the same measurements.
The last couple of weeks have been rather hectic. I was in Tenerife filming and discovering how to eat clean and healthy while there (you can read all about it here), but also attending another local fair with my own products. I run this little healthy cake business with my friend Sameera and I am loving it. Although I love making and creating recipes for you, I love people more, so sometimes I find it lonely being in the kitchen all day long just cooking. I mean, there is only that much you can say to a wooden spoon and baking tray, innit? I am thinking of starting to sell these treats online, is that something you would be interested in buying, or would you rather prefer to follow my recipe and make stuff yourself? I know time is precious though sometimes…food for thought.
Ok, back to this lovely clean eating rocky road recipe. The main star of this recipe is nut butter and you can use any you like. I have gone for tahini this time, which is basically hulled sesame seeds. It has a bit of a bitter taste, but when you mix it with date syrup it creates a lovely caramel like flavour. In the past I have tried peanut butter, almond butter, cashew nut butter and they all worked really well, so experiment 🙂
Here's the clean eating rocky road recipe
- 1 cup tahini or any nut butter
- 1 cup roasted buckwheat (you could also use puffed rice)
- ½ cup raw cacao butter (you can use coconut oil but keep it in the freezer)
- ½ cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup date nectar
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup crushed pistachios
- ⅓ cup crushed walnuts
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Get a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water and melt the raw cacao butter first.
- Take off the heat and mix in the cacao, date nectar, cacao butter and salt together.
- Mix in the nut butter until smooth.
- Add in the buckwheat ( or puffed rice) cranberries, pistachios, walnuts and desiccated coconut
- Tip the mixture into a baking paper lined square dish and chill until firm.
- Once firm slice into bars and devour
How easy and delicious does this clean eating rocky road recipe sound? I promise you, your family, friends and even enemies will love it. While you’re here make sure you check out my Ferrero Rocher style recipe which I posted last week. It tastes so lovely and really reminds me of the real Ferrero Rocher.