Today’s recipe is a clean eating semifreddo recipe made with yoghurt, fresh strawberries and coconut milk. This is much lighter than the traditional version, yet still tasty, refreshing and satisfying.
I am sure all of you have seen the latest recipe advert in Tesco showing the gorgeous and lush looking raspberry semifreddo. A lovely friend of mine challenged me to make a clean version of it, so here I am. You can get the original recipe here. It calls for low-fat natural yoghurt, condensed milk, raspberries and maple syrup.
My clean version is a bit different. I used Greek yoghurt or soya (for the vegan-friendly option), strawberries, a few spoons of brown rice syrup , vanilla extract and full fat coconut milk.
I had this taste tested by my loved ones and they all approved it, including a fussy teenager and a little 7 year old diva who equally both loved it.
This clean eating semifreddo recipe is a beautiful summer treat, it's refreshing, yet light and full of flavours. I personally don’t like it straight from the freezer, I let thaw for 10 minutes and then enjoy with with a few drops of lime, whereas my daughter Sofia likes it with generous drizzle of melted raw chocolate. I think this could be a brilliant dessert for a barbeque party or work great as a healthy summer birthday cake! Whatever the excuse, it will always taste great.
Don’t worry if you don’t have strawberries or raspberries, you could use blueberries, mango or even kiwi!
Here’s the clean eating semifreddo recipe
- 400g strawberries
- 500g/1 big tub Greek yoghurt or soya yoghurt
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk (the one in the tin)
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Mint leave to decorate
- Get a silicone cake mould, Tupperware or loaf tin and line it with cling film, leaving some to fold over once the mixture is in.
- Next, put the strawberries and half of the brown rice syrup in a blender and pulse a few times until smooth with a few chunky bits. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining brown rice syrup, yoghurt, coconut milk and vanilla extract. Taste and adjust sweetness according to your personal taste
- Now let’s start the layering.
- Take the lined silicone mould and pour in one ⅓ of the yoghurt mixture, then follow with ½ of the strawberry mix. Add another third of the yoghurt mixture, then the remaining half of the strawberry mixture and top up with the last ⅓ of the yoghurt mix.
- Smooth the top, fold over the cling film and place in the freezer to set overnight
- To serve, let it thaw for 10 minutes and enjoy with few drops of fresh lemon or lime juice or, some melted raw chocolate drizzle
How easy and simple is this clean eating semifreddo recipe? No fuss, no extra ingredients and kids absolutely love it! I am sold, are you? As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts