I love Greek cuisine and even though I have only been to Greece once, I completely fell in love with the food and the people. You might already know how to make tzatziki, but in case you don’t, here is my clean eating tzatziki recipe. Easy, light and very refreshing.
Before we get to the simplest tzatziki recipe ever, let me tell you some of my latest news. First of all, I am again going to be guesting at the Love Natural Love You show!! I was there last year and loved it. It seems they loved me too and have invited me to do another cooking demo. I am not sure what day and where exactly will you find me, but what I do know and have already is a link to get your free tickets! It’s in London, Olympia, 7th -9th of July and it is a pretty packed show which runs alongside the Just V and Allergy and Free From show. You can find out more here.
My second big news is that I have joined forces with FountainFotos as a professional photographer and videographer. I couldn’t be more excited! I love photography, so this is a dream come true.
FountainFotos is such a diverse photography and videography business as we do promotional videos and photos for brands and small businesses, as well as weddings and family portraits (my personal favourite). If you ever need anything then get in touch as we love supporting and helping small businesses or, simply capturing someone’s most precious and special moments.
Now back to my clean eating tzatziki recipe. Did you know tzatziki originates in India and was created to cool down spices in their traditional Biryani? It's so nice! I have used soya yoghurt, but you can go for whatever your favourite yoghurt is.
Here's the clean eating tzatziki recipe
- ½ cucumber
- 250g soya yoghurt or full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Grate the cucumber onto a cheesecloth or clean tea towel, and squeeze it well to remove the excess moisture. Don’t skip this step as your dip could end up very watery otherwise!
- Pop all the ingredients (except the olive oil) into a bowl and combine thoroughly.Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference, pour into a serving dish, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and serve immediately with crackers. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I love serving these on Ryvita sprinkled with pomegranates or even strawberries. As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts