These Avocado Ice Lollies must be included in your summer survival kit. They are lush, creamy and utterly delicious. You need only 5 ingredients and a decent blender.
These Avocado Ice Lollies are naturally vegan, gluten-free and sweetened with maple syrup.
These avocado lollies are the perfect way to use your over-ripe avocados. They are also brilliant to make with your kids, so get your family involved.
About These Avocado Ice Lollies
This recipe is perfect for people who are gluten-free, lactose intolerant, vegan, or anyone who is looking for a less sugary alternative to regular ice lollies. If you are not sure about avocado as an ice cream, please let me convince you that this is the dream.
- Avocados are creamy and buttery, so no need for heavy cream or eggs
- Avocados are rich and smooth
- Avocados freeze really well and create an unbelievably beautiful texture when blended
- Last but not the least avocados are full of good fats and other nutrients
And some good news for all of you banana haters...there are no bananas involved in this recipe!
Ingredients for Avocado Ice Lollies
This recipe is super simple and only calls for a few ingredients! You’ll need:
- Avocado - Avocado gives these ice lollies a beautiful buttery texture so make sure you use a very ripe avocado.
- Yoghurt - I love using coconut yoghurt because it adds a gentle coconut flavour and makes it super creamy. You can use any type of yoghurt, just make sure you use full fat. 0% or low fat would make the ice lollies too icy and not so creamy
- Lemon - Lemon adds a zesty kick and brightens up the flavour making them taste fresh. You can also use lime.
- Maple Syrup - To add sweetness. You can use any other sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a lovely warm vanilla flavour.
You will also need lolly moulds , and make sure there's enough space in your freezer to hold the moulds upright.
How to Make Avocado Ice Lollies From Scratch
Making this recipe requires only a few steps. It does need to spend some time in the freezer though if you want an ice lolly like consistency! Follow these instructions:
STEP 1: Place all the ingredients in a food blender
STEP 2: Blend until super smooth and creamy.You might need to scrape down the sides of the blender couple of times.
STEP 3: Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more maple syrup
STEP 4: Divide the mixture equally between the lolly moulds and then pop the moulds in the freezer. Freeze for at least 6 hrs, or overnight, until completely solid.
To remove the lollies, dip the outside of the moulds in hot water for a few seconds
To make these avocado ice cream lollies even more delicious I added a drizzle of raw melted chocolate and some crushed walnuts. It makes them even more delicious. Try it!
These lollies will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Because homemade ice lollies freeze harder than store bought ones remove it from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- ½ cup white yoghurt (I used coconut yoghurt)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a food blender
- Blend until super smooth and creamy.You might need to scrape down the sides of the blender couple of times.
- Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more maple syrup
- Divide the mixture equally between the lolly moulds and then pop the moulds in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hrs, or overnight, until completely solid.
- To remove the lollies, dip the outside of the moulds in hot water for a few seconds
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.