I don’t do dairy, but my kids love cream, so I went for Provamel soya cream which is plant based, tastes lovely and made only from organic ingredients. Provamel is my favourite brand and I wrote a review about them in my post here if you fancy a bit of bedtime reading. If you want to stay true to clean eating and not cheat like me, go for coconut cream or coconut milk, or even nothing.
This easy strawberry cake will taste lovely regardless of cream or no cream. I used buckwheat flour, but you could try spelt, whole-wheat flour or almond flour. The same goes for the fruit, I bet raspberries or blackberries would taste lovely too.
As a sweetener I used Coconut merchant coconut sugar, which is low in GI, has much more nutrients and vitamins than your normal white sugar and less fructose. But it is still sugar after all, so don’t treat yourself to this gorgeous easy strawberry cake every day, moderation and sharing with the family is the key.
Here's the easy strawberry cake recipe
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 cup Provamel rice, coconut and pineapple milk ( you can use any plant based milk, but this one is just so delicious)
- 1 cup Coconut Merchant coconut sugar
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 2 eggs , for the vegan version use 2 chia eggs or flaxseed eggs
- ¼ cup melted Coconut Merchant oil
- 1 punnet strawberries
- Provamel soya single cream (optional)
- Ground cacao nibs (optional )
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees, get a square baking dish and line it with baking paper
- Now if you are using normal eggs whisk them together with coconut oil and set aside. If you are doing the vegan version mix 2 tbsp of chia seeds or flaxseeds with 6 tbsp of water and let it sit for 15 min.
- In another bowl mix flour with the baking powder, then add cinnamon, coconut sugar, cardamom and combine well.
- Next pour in the milk along with the egg mixture. Cut up half of the strawberries and add to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, top up with the remaining strawberries and bake in the oven for around 40 min.
- Let it cool down completely and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.